What Type of Insurance Should I Have?

As a recommendation:

Approximately 70% of auto accidents in Arizona are caused by people without any insurance or with insufficient insurance to pay for the damage and injuries they cause. For these reasons I recommend the following minimal coverages to each of my clients and friends:


=== $100,000 to $250,000/person

Uninsured Motorist

=== $100,000 to $250,000/person

Underinsured Motorist

=== $100,000 to $250,000/person

Medical Payment

=== $100,000 per person

The cost to upgrade "LIABILITY" coverage from $15,000 to $100,000 is minimal. "MEDICAL PAYMENT" insurance is also relatively inexpensive.

"MEDICAL PAYMENT" insurance will pay medical bills for you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident. This is important even if the person who caused the accident has insurance, because his/her insurance company will not pay anything until your claim is settled. Otherwise you would have to pay your medical bills. "MEDICAL PAYMENT" coverage will promptly pay these bills for you without increasing your premium rates.

Two companies that offer $100,000 in "MEDICAL PAYMENT" insurance are Farmers and Allstate. In any event, compare the coverage that you have with the coverage suggested above and perhaps make those changes with one simple phone call to your insurance agent. Also, ask about "Umbrella" coverage to further protect you and your assets.

Adequate insurance coverage is important to protect you and your family.   

Copyrighted 1999.  All Rights Reserved